From:
Mark Avino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Avino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 1994 09:02:48 EDT
After reading all of the E-Mails, I got the impression that there's rules
change. Can anyone tell me what have been change and I'm behind on the hockey
news? Living in the Washington, DC area is a pit for a hockey fans. Well, take
it back we can catch the Caps game and that's about it, no college hockey. I'm
being spoiled growing up in the upstate New York catching several high school
to pro games live and in the tube.

The sport pages in this area newspapers stink. There was hardly write up about
hockey and it's smothered by the Redskins football team. Even when the
football season was over, they are still being smothered! Once in a while I
would pick up the Hockey News from the Newstand but that's not enough. I miss
being back up north.

I miss the excitment of the college games that I used to play and watch when
my playing carreer was over. Especially those two lines pass really bring up
the action. I agree with someone mentioned that the game is clean with no
fight rule, I hate the fight! I'm strongly beleive that fighting is a waste of
time and take away the fun of the game. I spoke with several people, even my
wife said that fighting is the biggest turn off in hockey. They always looking
forward for the Winter Olympic hockey games every four years because they are
clean sportmanlike game.

Enough of this chit chat and I would appreciated if someone tell me the change
of the rules. Have a good week!

Mark Avino
Rit '82