From:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 1994 13:36:11 CDT
From the Star Tribune in Sid Hartman's column this morning: (All Scud
disclaimers apply as always)

Gophers Hockey coach Doug Woog said Craig Johnson, who signed with the St
Louis Blues, is the fifth player from the same freshman class to sign with an
NHL team. Mike Muller, who played a year in Russia, signed with the Winnipeg
Jets; Jeff Nielsen signed with the New York Rangers; Chris McAlpine with the
New Jersey Devils, and Joe Dziedzic with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Woog
described the contract ($1 million for three years) that Ron Simon negotiated
for Johnson as "awesome." Johnson, a member of the 1993 Olympic hockey team,
would have returned to school for his senior year had he not signed.
<end quoted material>

I'm really happy for Craig, but we sure will miss him A LOT!! The Blues had
been offering him peanuts, until Keenan was hired as the new coach/GM for the
Blues. What I wonder is, if Keenan is suspended until September 20th, who
offered the deal?

-Carol
GO Gophers!!!

Carol S. White                            BITNET: c-whit@uminn1
University of Minnesota        internet:[log in to unmask]
Office of the Registrar
(612) 625-8517                                    GO Gophers!!!