From:
Baldwin Charles A <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 17:13:58 -0400
Well, I'm sure steve doesn't need to hear this, but I find this endeavor
questionable, not in the least because the final four doesn't always reflect
the best team or league, witness what happened to MSU in '90, BC in '91, etc.
Besides, isn't this info all in the hockey-l archives?

However, I can correct some things off the top of my head, and others can
correct and/or add to this:

'86 Denver was in the Final Four
'87 the final was North Dakota over (I believe) MSU, with Harvard and (I
believe) Minnesota in the final four
'88 was Lake Superior over St. Lawrence, with MSU and I believe Maine in the
Final Four.
'89 had Maine and MSU in the final four along with the pair noted.
'91 Clarkson and Maine were the other two.
'92 was Lake Superior over Wisconsin, with Michigan and (I believe) BU

Also, '83 was Wisconsin over Harvard. That's Harvard in the final game three
times in that period :-). Of course, LSU was there four times...we could spin
around this for a long time...

Sandy