From:
steve_czuba RPI <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 1994 09:34:35 -0400
Any coverage that the ECAC can get would be beneficial. Living in the Boston
area, NESN and coverage of Hockey East games dominate - you almost think there
are no other teams in the area other than BU/BC/etc.. (oh yeah - I think that
team from Cambridge is in the NCAA finals again...)

Be it tape delayed or whatever, I would love to see ECAC games on a semi-regular
basis. Last years ECAC semi's and Finals were covered via tape delay due to
Hockey East conflicts, but I still tuned in. I have to say that NESN and Bob
Norton put what I've seen of the ESN to shame, but then again, I could care less about
the teams that are playing.

The only potential downside is that with the increased coverage of games via TV
- it's not uncommon to watch a Northeastern-Providence game midweek where
there's only about 1500 people in the stands. I don't know what it is, but ECAC
games still tend to fill closer to capacity for all games. Perhaps the local
community (non students) don't attend if they can just sit at home and watch.

Anyway - hope RPI made the right descision - I was pysched to see them more than
2-3 times a year.

Steve
RPI - 86