Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 1994 09:05:54 EDT
During half-time of a World Cup game over the weekend, I did a little
channel surfing and found the NC$$ Lacrosse Championship game on CBS.  Now
I know that CBS must carry the Championship game for several "minor"
sports as part of their contract which allows them exclusive rights to the
hoop tourney, but lacrosse??!??  A great game and all, but I was always
under the impression that lacrosse was even more of a "niche" sport than
college hockey.  (Seems like I've never seen ANYONE win the thing besides
Syracuse or Johns Hopkins, anyways).  Does anyone know how many schools
play Division I lacrosse?  Is it just the case that they have to carry a
spring-sport championship game and that there just aren't as many things
going on in the spring college-sports-wise?

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go River Hawks!!!!!!!!
Univ. of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988
[log in to unmask]                          Is it October yet??????