From:
"G.M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 1994 13:06:00 EST
Actually, Lange wasn't the first to use "He shoots, he scores".  That would
probably be Dan Kelly, who used to do St. Louis Blues broadcasts and did the
NHL when it used to be on USA Network (boy, I'm really showing my age here).
Ken Landau's moniker is "He shoots AND scores."  He also likes "
buried the biscuit" and the infamous "where Grandma hides the peanut butter,
top shelf" which I've also heard on some of the broadcasts out of Ann Arbor.
Unfortunately, MSU hockey broadcast s are stuck on AM-730 now, WVFN, which has
the wattage output of a gnat, as compared to 1240, WJIM.  (I have trouble
picking it up in East Lansing).

I haven't gotten a chance to listen to Lange in a while.  I seem to remember
the "buy Sam a drink and get his dog one, too" and "beat him like a rented
mule" lines after Penguin goals.  He's about as far out in left field as you
can get when it comes to hockey broadcasters, sort of the equivalent of the
Shegos brothers of CCHA officiating (or unofficiating) fame.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?
129 days until faceoff in Anchorage...
118 days until the Regular Season Contest...