From:
"Glenn W. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn W. Gale
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 1994 12:05:34 -0400
     As Howard Quimby mentioned, the "goalie-cam" being used by ESPN is
actually from the CBC Hockey-Night-In-Canada broadcasts.  However, the
ESPN camera coverage is evidently not from the ESPN feed.  I receive
both here in Potsdam and I frequently flip between ESPN and CBC (and
MSG when the Rangers are involved).  CBC and ESPN don't show the same
angles.  In fact, while I mostly watch CBC since I prefer their
announcers*, I like ESPN's camera angles better and after goals or
controversial calls I flip to ESPN to watch the replays.

* The glaring exception being Don Cherry, whose only value is for yuks.  I
think he sank to a new low, which was a stretch, with his schtik about
Pavel Bure on Saturday.  Not even funny, this time.

Thanks,
-Glenn