From:
"Robert L. Dunn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert L. Dunn
Date:
Tue, 24 May 1994 19:47:21 -0400
On Tue, 24 May 1994, Greg Sorenson wrote:

> BOWLING GREEN
> Brad Holzinger          6-0     176     C       Parma, OH
>
> Related to Brian, possibly?

I would have to say so.  How big can Parma, OH be to have more than one
Holzinger clan.

> MICHIGAN
> Marty Turco (#9)        5-10    165     G       Sault Ste. Marie, ONT
>
> Expect him to have the full-time starting job within the first week of the
> season.

I expect to see Turco in the net from the start.  Both Shields and Gordon
have graduated, leaving Al Loges as the only returning goalie (and a
practice goalie who never even earned Michigan practice gear last year --
he wore his black gear from his high school days at Brother Rice
(Birmingham, MI)).  Loges only started playing hockey as a sophomore in
high school, so his experience is lacking.  From what I hear, Turco is
the real deal.