From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 May 1994 19:31:07 -0400
OK, here are my comments on CJHL-ers who are going to HE, bearing in mind, of
course, that the last game I saw was in the beginning of April. :-)

>NAME             POSITION   PREVIOUS TEAM (& league)         HOMETOWN
>
>MAINE:
>
>Jeff Foster        D      Smith Falls (COJHL)                Napanee, Ontario
>Shawn Wansborough  F      Smith Falls (COJHL)                Deseronto, Ontario

Foster: 6'2", 175 lbs, Left shot, born Sep 4, 1974
Wansborough: 5'10", 182 lbs, Left shot, born June 3, 1974
             51 GP, 49 G, 54 A, 103 Pts, 224 PIM [11th in league scoring]

These two helped the Smiths Falls Bears go 33-20-4, after Smiths Falls had
finished dead last the year before. I don't remember anything about Foster.
Wansborough was Smiths Falls' leading scorer. He's also not afraid to mix it
up, either. I'd be willing to bet that the six games he missed were due to
suspensions. Always a good sign. :-)

>UMASS-AMHERST:
>
>Chris Fawcett      F      ???                               Gloucester, Ontario

Chris Fawcett played with the Gloucester Rangers of the CJHL.
Fawcett: RW, 6'0", 177, Left shot, Apr 15, 1975
         48 GP, 36 G, 42 A, 78 Pts, 48 PIM (23rd in league scoring)

Fawcett was the right wing on Gloucester's first line. I remember him playing
quite well in the playoffs against us.

>MERRIMACK:
>
>Martin Laroche     F      Brockville Braves                 Cornwall, Ontario

Laroche: C, 5'11", 185 lbs, Left shot, born June 3, 1975
         57 GP, 55 G, 56 A, 111 Pts, 38 PIM (8th in league scoring)

He was the best player on a bad team, although Brockville did make a late run
for the playoffs. He should be able to step in and contribute.

>Gaeten Poirier     F      Gloucester Rangers                Saint-Antoine, NB

Poirier: LW, 6'1", 190 lbs, Left shot, Dec. 28, 1976

I don't have any stats for him. I really don't remember that much about him.
I certiainly don't remember noticing him that much in the playoffs.
(Sorry Mike :-) ).

If anyone wants to know any more, let me know.

See you later,
John

--
John C.K. Edwards           GO CANUCKS GO!!!! BLOW AWAY THE LEAFS!!!!  _______
Law IV, CUSA Arts/SS Rep            US AGAINST THE WORLD!!!!          /       \