From:
Amanda Lessard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 May 1994 14:45:43 -0500
Date sent:  19-MAY-1994 13:47:06
In regards to the messsage from Brian Cavanaugh, the head coach
of the hockey program at Canisius College, I would just like to say that my
violin is playing a sweet song for you.  Do I detect a little sarcasm in
the way you stated that Plattsburgh "owes" you a game down in Buffalo?
(What exactly do you mean by Plattsburgh owing you a game in Buffalo?  I am
currantly looking at P'burgh's schedule from 2 seasons ago and they played
a game at Canisius...)  It also seems to me that maybe you think that the
reason you lost was because of the fact that the Cards were "rested".
Maybe it was just due to the fact that Plattsburgh IS the better team...
just a thought!  (As for McGill, they dropped out at the last minute for
reasons unknown.

Plattsburgh has to make a minimum of a 6 1/2 hour bus trip every other
weekend to compete and do not have the luxury of many day trips like teams
in the Buffalo and Rochester area.
So I feel that we do our fair share of traveling so that you can
compete with our SUNY school for an "easy win"....which brings me to my
final problem with your letter.  Are you implying that by playing a SUNY
school it is thought of as an easy win?  (It sure came across that way to
me.)  I don't feel that it is fair to put that kind of tag on SUNY schools
since in the past (and in the future) we have won on numerous occasions and
will continue to win.

So, as a LOYAL fan of Plattsburgh State hockey I feel that I had to speak
on behalf of the team that receives a lot of grief for various reasons.
AMANDA LESSARD                                  CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS #1
[log in to unmask]              NY YANKEES #1
PLATTSBURGH STATE                               NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL #1
1992 NCAA HOCKEY CHAMPIONS 32-2-2
GO CARDS!