From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 1994 10:50:20 -0400
>>Doesn't Chris Drury also play baseball.  It seems to me I remember him
>>playing in a Little League World Series, and if so will he also play
>>baseball at BU. While on the subject how good is BU's baseball team.

Chris pitched Trumbull, CT, to the Little League World Series title
about 6 years ago.

>If he does, he won't be the first Terrier to play hockey and baseball and also
>have a hockey-playing bro who went to Harvard. Dan Donato played both sports
>at BU, and his brother Ted, of course, went to Harvard.

And he definitely won't be the first to play baseball and hockey at
BU.  Since BU's baseball team has usually not been too good and has
had a number of hockey players on it, people have joked about the
BU baseball team existing to provide more scholarships for the hockey
team. :-) Situations like this are what led to the special NC$$ rule
requiring schools to count (in a case like this) scholarships received
by a baseball player who plays hockey in both baseball and hockey,
instead of just baseball.

>BU baseball has been less than impressive in recent years. The team was 5-27
>in 1993; haven't heard about this year. Part of the problem stems from the
>lack of a full-time home field.

I didn't know that.  It may explain why BU and Maine played a doubleheader
at Merrimack this season.  I think the result was a split, which was a
huge upset for BU, who started the season something like 0-13, I believe.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93