Date:
Thu, 12 May 1994 09:32:26 EDT
From:         Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Aaron Israel turns pro

I'm sure that Tomasonni was not happy faced with the prospect of
recruiting
another goaltender at this late date, and probably breaking up the goalie
rotation.  I'm not so sure this is a bad move for Israel;  Israel was THE
MAN this year, and and additional year or two at Harvard might only
diminish
his image.  He'll need seasoning, but virtually all collegiate goalies
have
to do time in the minors before they make the big show.

This may be just the thing that Tripp Tracy needs though.  After an
outstanding
freshman year, Tracy fell off somewhat last season.  Assuming he becomes
the #1
goaltender, this gives Tracy the change to show his stuff, and learn to
play
consistently.  He'll have to work a little harder too with all those great
d's,
like McCann and Body graduating.

Interesting .....  one thing that Israel said in the article this morning
was that he felt he wasn't playing enough, and that's one reason why he
chose to leave.  Also, Tomasonni mentioned that the third string goalie,
(I can't remember his name, but he will also be a junioor) will be a
sufficient backup to Tripp Tracy.

     - Steve