From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 May 1994 10:46:09 CDT
 >A pedestrian crosswalk, a 30-foot inflatable chicken
>and a Minnesota hockey goalie connected last
>semester in a bizarre incident that ultimately led to the
>athlete's arrest.
 > Junior Jeffrey Callinan, starting goalie for the Gophers,
>was one of three men arrested in connection with the
>theft and damage of a $3,500 inflatable chicken head
>that was mounted on the roof of a restaurant in Mound,
>Minn., a suburb about an hour from campus.

I sure hope that was a GOLD 'N PLUMP chicken!

(Background for non-Minnesotans: Gold 'n Plump is a local brand of
chicken which boasts its "grown in Minnesota" status. The
company used to have some teriffic commercials.)

I think Madison-area novelty shops had better stock up
on rubber poultry the next time the Gophers come to town...

Greg