From:
Bill Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 1994 23:54:01 EST
Jeez, folks, tell 'em how to get to Mickey's, the Blues Saloon, and,
for the younger set, the Uptown and the C.C. Club...
Though I haven't lived in St. Paul in a while, I'll try:
Mickey's is downtown near the Civic Center. It is a real Diner and very cool.
The Blues Saloon is on Western north of University. Features good to great
blues music, often Chi. bands...
The Uptown is in Mpls., and features new bands of a grungish persuasion.
Also good is the Cabooze on the west bank university area (just off Cedar.)
The C.C. Club is a Star Wars-ish bar (interesting clientelle) on Lindale
and 24th or 26th in Mpls. Johnny's, as mentioned before, is a good folksy
bar with wonderful beers on tap. Both the C.C. and Johnny's feature Summit
beer, a local not-to-be-missed brew.
AND REMEMBER: bars close at the insanely early hour of 1 a.m., so don't
dawdle!
have fun!