From:
#1 Badger Fan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
#1 Badger Fan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 1994 16:36:05 -600
Two Concerns:

1)  I know that the NCAA tournament used to consist of the first couple of
rounds being 2 of 3, or 2 games total goals.  How long has the current
system (i.e. 12 team, 4 team bye) been in place?

2)  Last year all Four Final four teams had byes in the opening round of
the tournament (I think).  How many times has a team not had a bye in the
opening round and still made it to the Final Four?  How do others on the
list feel about ads/disads as to having one less game or one more game to
warm up for the team with the bye.

U        U       W                     W *** TROY THIELE
U        U        W         W         W  *** LORAS COLLEGE (GO DUHAWKS!)
U        U         W       W W       W   *** One of the few college hockey fans
U        U          W     W   W     W    *** that resides in Iowa.
U        U           W   W     W   W     ***
U        U            W W       W W      *** "It's a great day for hockey" --
UUUUUUUUUU             W         W       *** "Badger" Bob Johnson

Marquette Warriors -- Sweet 16!  Seventeen years between championships?
Wisconsin and UWGB -- Great seasons; sure makes you proud to be a Cheeshead.