From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 1994 21:55:52 -0500
Union's playoff hopes & dreams came to a crashing end tonight as RPI
throttled the Dutchmen by a score of 8-3.

With Brown's victory over Vermont, the ECAC semis are set. #1 Harvard will
play #4 Brown and #2 Clarkson will play #3 RPI. (Sorry, I don't know which
game is first) Both should be good games. I'm especially looking forward to
the Clarkson-RPI match-up. Anybody in Potsdam know if WCKN will have it live?

You have to give Union credit. I don't remember too many people (including
myself) who expected Union to avoid the ECAC preliminary round and make
such a strong showing in conference play this year. I believe they lose a
couple players to graduation, but as I said yesterday, their core is made
up of predominantly underclassmen. They may not have advanced too far in the
playoffs this year, but they have earned the most important aspect of sports
that any team could, which is respect. I don't think many teams will look
past Union anymore.

Congratulations to the Dutchmen on a fine season! The "Route 7 Rivalry" is
born!

Now it's back to business. On to Lake Placid!!!!

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93
Union College '9?
[log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]

Let's Go Tech!!!       Let's Go U!!!