From:
Ken Kretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 13:02:32 EST
----- Begin Included Message -----

And maybe longer. Somewhere, in some nook or cranny of
Massachusetts, there is an unfortunate soul whose fondest memory of
Jim Craig revolves around the 1978 NCAA championship game. But Lord
Jim will always belong to the Miracle On Ice.

----- End Included Message -----

Actually, he lives in New Jersey. I was a junior at BU that year, saw most
of BU's games that year (including the Beanpot Blizzard), and I watched
the Final on Scranton, PA's PBS station, channel 44. BU beat BC to win the
national championship. That BU team also included Olympians Dave Silk,
Mike Eruzione, and Jack O'Callahan. I forgot who BU beat on the semi-finals -
I think it was Wisconsin - but quotes from the BU players inferred that the
championship game was anti-climatic, since beating BC was becoming routine.

From the Clif Clavin of college hockey...

Ken Kretsch             | Fill your bowl to the brim, and it will spill. Keep
MT 2B-329               | sharpening your knike, and it will blunt. Chase after
(908)957-2892           | money and security, and your heart will never
(908)957-4428 FAX       | unclench. Care about other people's approval, and you
[log in to unmask]        | will be their prisoner. Do your work, then step
...!att!mink!kpk        | back. The only path to serenity. - Tao Te Ching