From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 1994 13:44:00 -0500
I believe that not only can the Ferraros take fewer than 12 credits,
but, are you all ready for this...the way the rule is written, they do
not even have to take a single class at all for the rest of this
semester.  (That doesn't mean they AREN'T taking classes, just that
they apparently do not HAVE to take any.)  I had asked Maine SID Matt
Bourque about this last weekend.

Of course, I am pretty sure it is not Matt's job to know intimately all
the NC$$ rules :-), but I believe he was just relaying what he had been
told.  If someone who has a copy of the manual would like to post the
relevant part, that would be great.  One of these days I should get
myself a copy.

Before someone goes nuts over this, remember that this is an *NC$$*
rule.  For all sports.  And that regardless of the rule, the Ferraros
(and Kariya) DID enroll in classes.  If anyone disagrees, the people
to take it up with are the NC$$.  (That's to head off any unwarranted
Maine bashing before it starts.)

Maine at UNH is on NESN Friday, 7 pm.  I don't know if this is the
Prime game or not.  My schedule from the fall says TBA.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<< Color Voice of the (14-18-2) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>