Sender:
From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 16:18:43 CST
>Yes.  McHugh Forum had been torn down and with the construction of
>Conte Forum, which began in 1986, BC had to play every game away from
>BC for two seasons.  In 1986-87, they used rinks at BU, Northeastern,
>Harvard, and also the Boston Garden as "home ice", in addition to
>practicing at an MDC rink (in Brookline, I believe - not exactly next
>door).

Not to belabor the point, but was the MDC rink in question the one right at
the end of the Green "C" line? If so, that's just across the reservoir
from the BC campus, and in the heart of BC's off-campus community.
 Not exactly next door, but not a serious haul, either.

I'd put my vote in for the 1990-91 NC$$ final (NMU-BU in triple OT)
as possibly the most exciting game ever played by a HE team (Though
not necessarily a HE game). Ugly and sloppy on both sides, to be sure,
but absolutely heart-stopping to watch.

-GS