Sender:
From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 13:14:06 CST
Rolf Klappe writes:

>IMHO ND needs to get more students out to the games, because even
>though SRO sold out the JACC was mighty quiet (Could have sworn my
>brother and I were the only ones yelling, and we were for the
>visiting team). ;-)

Now, this is still the part of the JACC which houses an indoor track in
one half, and the rink in the other? Rolf, ND could admit all of South
Bend in that building for free, and it'd still be quiet. Give it time; in
5-10 years ND will probably build a new rink/hoop complex.

>Thanks to the ND fans for being kind and courteous hosts. I think ND
>will be a team to look out for...

The Irish will indeed be a team to watch. My unofficial take on them
is they'll get all the Catholic players who aren't from Massachusetts.
Seriously: ND, love 'em or hate 'em, is one of those rare schools
that puts a strong commitment behind each and every athletic program.
(Does it sacrifice academics, i.e., "Tarnished Dome?" Another
debate entirely, which I'll avoid.) Take a look at how many of their
"non-revenue" sports are ranked nationally every year.