Sender:
From:
Todd Johanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1993 14:43:59 CDT
On Jul 29,  2:59pm, Mike Machnik wrote:
> Subject: College goalies scoring goals
> This topic actually came up a little while ago...no one from
Houghton
> has responded yet, but I think a goalie from MTU scored during
a game
> in 1987-88 (or else it was done against MTU).

Damian Rhodes scored a goal while playing for MTU. I don't know
the date or opposing team, the 87-88 timeframe is about right. I
didn't go to MTU, but have heard the story from Damian's
brother...

Obviously, Tech is up late in the game and the opposing net is
empty. A shot from the point is stopped by Damian and the puck
goes into the corner. One of the opposing forwards gets the puck
in the corner and passes it back to his defense. I don't know if
the pass was way off or if the defense missed it, but the puck
travelled the distance and went into the empty net. Damian gets
credit for the goal because he was the last Tech player to touch
the puck.

Todd Johanson
Motorola Cellular Infrastructure Group
Arlington Heights, IL