Sender:
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1993 17:19:00 EDT
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
        After all the messages I have been reading about the "Mighty Ducks" and
shoving hockey down people's throats, I got a bit tired of the hockey image
thing.  My blood has boiled many times watching talk show hosts talk
about hockey like they really know the game.  I've viewed movies like Slap Shot
and Youngblood which portray hockey as one big blood bath.  True there are not
a lot of people who appreciate hockey the way it was meant to be understood.  I
go to a game to watch crisp passing, solid goaltending and the conversions of
two on ones.  Watching Paul Kariya slip Ingraham a pretty pass
is much more enjoyable to me then watching a fight or seeing someone get thrown
out of a game.  I'm sure all of you out in HOCKEY-L land appreciate and love
the sport of hockey for your own specific reasons but those reasons all stem
from an understanding about the REAL game of hockey and the people who play it.
        Because hockey is not as popular as other sports I've always thought of
it like a best kept secret.  For those who don't like it, fine, stick with your
basketball, baseball and football.  For me and everyone who enjoys the game
like we all do, I say keep on having fun watching and playing the hockey we all
know and love.  For those who aren't into hockey, they don't know what they're
missing!

                                                        -Bob Hoffman

"Tonelli to Nystrom, SCORE, The Islanders Win The Stanely Cup"

-THOSE WERE THE DAYS!