Sender:
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 90 08:42:04 EST
 I just recently was browsing through a NCAA rule book to determine if a team
 could be penalized for "actions" taken by their fans, and there is a sort of
 vague rule about this very thing! However, I do not have it with me and cannot
 give you an exact quote.  It said something to the effect of: if the fans and
 or band hinder play in any way the home team may be given a delay-of-game
 penalty. (I was looking this up in reference to the junk the North Dakota fans
 throw on the ice, and legitimatly they COULD HAVE received a penalty for this.)
 Anyway, if someone has their rule book handy (near their terminal) perhaps you
 would give us the exact wording. Thanks.

 Notes from the Alabama-Huntsville game last night:
 John Brill, a sophomore wing from Grand Rapids, MN who was knocked unconscious
  last night when checked from behind in the third period is OK.  He was out for
  at least 60-90 seconds and looked very woozy when he was skated back to the
 bench with assistance. The paper this morning said he had a mild concussion and
  will be re-examined today. The player who hit him received a 5 minute major
 for checking from behind. Also, the ONLY player on the roster for A-H that was
 from Alabama was a scratch for the game last night.
 Carol White
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!