Sender:
From:
"Larry Haag, Eastman Kodak Co., Rochester, NY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1992 17:30:40 -0400
Mike wrote that I wrote:

>>  Congrats, Mike!  Hmmm...  Did you ever imagine that the list you started a
>>  few years ago would become a remote dating service?  Gives new meaning to
>>  "anonynous ftp".
>
>I'm not even going to ask what the ftp stands for, Larry.
>
>(actually I have no idea...thoughts?)

I believe "ftp" stands for "file transfer protocol" - a networking term from
uucp/internet/telnet/??? - and "Anonymous" ftp is done without actually logging
into an account on a remote system.  I think you would use anonymous ftp to
access the hockey-l archives on Keith's system.  I'm sure the creative mind
could come up with other interpretations of "ftp".  I meant to leave it up to
everyone's imagination...

What's the topic of this list again?  Hockey??

                              Larry

Lawrence E. Haag
Eastman Kodak Company                   Reply to [log in to unmask] -OR-
Rochester NY 14652-3302                          [log in to unmask]
(716) 477-3669

       Have you ever seen a hearse pulling a U-Haul?  Think about it...