Sender:
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 90 21:52:09 EST
Merrimack took on the Northeastern Huskies on Saturday night down at
 Northeastern.  To Merrimack fans, including myself, we were sure it would be a
 blowout,
but Merrimack stunned the Huskies for an 8 to 4 win.

Dan Gravelle led the way for the Warriors with three goals and an assist.  The
line of Gravelle Ron Atkinson and Jeff Massey played extremely well, probably
better than the first line of Cooper Naylor, Agostino Casale, and Howie Rosen-
blatt.

Northeastern stormed out to a two to nothing lead and the Warrior fans were
probably thinking here we go again.  They cut it to 2-1 before the end of the
period.

In the second, Merrimack dominated play.  They scored four times, and took the
lead on the Huskies 5-2 by the end of the period.

In the third, Merrimack was called for several penalties, but still managed
to score three goals.  Northeastern tallied two goals, to make the final 8-4.

The Hockey East three stars were all from Merrimack, Dan Gravelle getting the
first star, Yannick Gosselin (27 saves on 31 shots) the second star, and Alex
Weinrich getting the third star.

The shots favored the Huskies, 31-28.

The Huskies are off to a lousy start, (0-4-2).  Merrimack improved to over the
.500 mark for the first time since I don't remember how long.  They are now
2-1-1, 1-0-0 (first place!  boy that feels good!) in Hockey East.

The Warriors hope to keep it up Tuesday night at home when the UNH Wildcats
come to town.

Kevin Yetman
UUCP%"[log in to unmask]"