Sender:
From:
"John S. An" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 18:49:38 +0900
Craig Lisko wrote:

Of course fans are going to try to do anything they can to agitate a
goaltender, but as long as its within the bounds of sanity, pretty much
anything goes.

Having had the luxury of playing at Munn, their fans are so kind to the
opposing goaltender. They have songs, but one of the classics is the sieve
that gets thrown on the ice when MSU scores their first goal. Thank
goodness I won more games than I lost at MSU. But its all part of the
"atmosphere" that I would consider acceptable.

Craig Lisko
Ferris State 1990-1994

I agree that fan support and heckling is an integral part of the game (we
Cornell fans were, and hopefully still are, good at heckling).  The sieve that
gets thrown on the ice is AFTER a goal.  I does not interfere with the game.
However, wouldn't you say that pointing a laser pointer at the goalie's face
BEFORE a shot goes beyond the boundary, and actually detracts from the
"atmosphere" of the game?

John S. An