Sender:
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 02:39:39 -0500
From:
Jeffrey Anbinder <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Brenton A. Rogers" <[log in to unmask]>
On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Brenton A. Rogers wrote:
> injuries resulted. There seemed to be plenty of bad blood between the two
> Ivy League competitors, and in the end the Harvard players refused to shake
> the hands of their counterparts. After Harvard's goalie was hurt in a

The Annual Explanation (tm):

In a "best of three" or "first to three points" or even a "best of two"
series (remember those? yuck!), it is not only acceptable, but it is
traditional and proper, for the two teams not to line up and shake hands
at the end of any game but the one that decides the series.

I'd be incredibly surprised if Tomassoni skated his team off without a
handshake in the deciding game in this series; that's something I haven't
seen since Bill Cleary's last game as Harvard's head coach, the second of
a two-game QF sweep at Cornell.  Bitter fellow.

Jeffrey