Sender:
From:
Lowell King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 20:35:16 -0500
--- On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:48:00 EST  John Haeussler
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip> . . .

THE STATE OF COLLEGE HOCKEY TODAY
Others have said it, and I'd like to publicly agree.  I've only
been following for a decade, but college hockey "ain't what
it used to be."  That fact has really hit home in the CCHA this
season...and it's made me a sad boy. :-(

<snip> . . . .

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

John,

Just as a matter of general interest, Canadian Sports Writers are
lamenting that Canadian Major Junior hockey is way down too and does
Canada want to just produce "cannon fodder" for the NHL. Also, they see
the American Colleges as a major competitor in producing "star quality"
NHL'ers.

Although I mostly agree with you said in your post, it seems that this
problem is universal throughout North America. One would think exactly
opposite with the increased interest in the game, better training,
additional teams, and so forth. Wonder why?

Lowell King