Sender:
From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:57:06 -0500
Jim wrote:

>   Many thanks for the clarification .... But now I have another (related)
> question.  The NC$$ has indicated that the PWR will be used to determine
> the 12 teams selected for the NC$$ Tournament, and (presumably) the
> relative seeding as well.  But are seeds assigned on the basis of OVERALL
> PWR (as shown on CUSCHO) or are individual team comparisons used
> to assign seeds once the 12 entrants are determined... <the rest deleted>

The following was true through last year's tourny.  If there's been a
change in policy, I haven't heard about it.

Relative seeding is not dependent on PWR or any other rating system.  The
only "promise" the NC$$ has ever made concerning seeding is that the four
byes will come from the appropriate region (that is, they won't seed a
western team as #1 or #2 East, even if more than 2 of the top 4 teams are
from the West).

As far as choosing the actual seeds goes, the NC$$ is free to do anything
it wants.

-  Greg