Sender:
From:
Zac Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 11:13:23 -0600
To: TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
I think Terry's idea is good because if the host team is guaranteed a bye
they have a better shot at reaching the final and they are guaranteed to
play at least two games even if they lose their first game.

My example of this is the current WCHA final five tournment where all the
participants are ranked and seeded 1 through 5.

This would require an adjustment to the current way the Showcase is
played because it would actually turn into more of a Big Ten Tournament.
Which I fell would be more interesting anyway (even if conference rivals
ended up playing each other instead of non conference opponents).