Sender:
From:
"Edward J. McCauley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 12:55:05 -0500
To: John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, John Edwards wrote:

> Could some of the Vermonters around let me know where McDonald was on
> Vermont's depth chart? I know that Tim Thomas is to carry the load this year,
> but would McDonald have been the second or third goalie?

McDonald was the second string goalie behind Tim Thomas. The loss to
McDonald is a big one because our third string, junior James Tierney can't
carry the load for UVM next year. McDonald was going to step in next year
as the starter (a rebuilding year for UVM) and be primed for his senior
year when the Catamounts should be ready to contend again. Looking ahead
to next year, the Cats will have hardly any experience between the pipes.
Maybe Nolan McDonald felt pressure to go to Hull because he wanted to
keep his skills up to par and not sit on the bench - he was drafted by the
Canucks this year after all. . .

-Ed  UVM '99