Sender:
From:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:40:34 -0500
I hope those of you at the games are not put off too much by the delays.  You
might be interested to know that this is not the first time this has happened
at the Coliseum.  About three years ago I attended an NHL pre-season game
between the Flyers and Flames at the Coliseum.  The start of the game was
delayed about a half hour because the arena personnel couldn't figure out how
to properly seat one of the goal post moorings.  Finally a couple of the
players got it straightened out.  I remember thinking that this was that same
place that had already been awarded the 1996 NCAA Final Four!  You would have
thought they would have practiced a few times over the last couple of years
in order to figure out what they were doing.  Anyway, this is personnaly
embarrassing since I live in Cincinnati.  Many of you may have heard of the
recent vote in Cincinnati to raise our sales tax to "...make us a major league
city...".  The situation yesterday shows their is more to being major league
than money.  Anyway, hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and maybe
they will figure out what they are doing by tomorrow.

For those of us not at the games, and without cable (but with web access) I
found two sites yesterday posting frequent updates to the games.  They were at

ESPN      :  http://espnet.sportszone.com/gen/hln/entry.html

This is a link to the "Wire" section of the ESPN page and gives a menu of
current stories.  Look for the CC-UM game once there.

USA Today :  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sfront.html

This links to the sports front page.  Look for College Hockey from there.
Yesterday they had frequent updates of the games.

Dave Naghski
University of Cincinnati