Sender:
From:
Chris Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 22:19:50 -0500
        This is in response to a posting of a couple days ago in which
someone -- Ralph Baer, I think -- asked why the USA web pages include
lists of early signings for the WCHA, CCHA, Hockey East but NOT the ECAC.
The answer is convenience: those other three conferences will gladly
provide, with no more urging than a simple phone call to league offices, a
complete list of early signings. The ECAC allows for early signings, too,
but to procure the list there's no single source to go to. If you call the
league's office, they'll tell you it's against league policy to divulge
such highly sensitive material and that the only way to get it is to call
each member school. And what? Hassle the coach or SID? Apparently, USA
Today didn't want to do that, and who can really blame them?
        Anyway, as editor of The New England Hockey Report, I could, off
the top of my head, put together a list of players from New England prep
schools that are heading to ECAC Division I in the fall. There are
probably about two dozen. If enough people e-mail me privately and express
interest (it won't take many) I'll type up the list and post it to
info-hockey-L.

Chris Warner
The New England Hockey Report
Cambridge, Mass.