Sender:
From:
"Tami.Kuhn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 18:14:00 EST
Isn't everyone entitled to an off game?  To say that Anson Carter isn't a
contender for the Hobey is a mistake, IMHO.  If there were pictures next to
each of the criteria for the Hobey...you'd see Anson's face.  This kid has to
have some of the highest totals of minutes on the ice of any person playing
college hockey.  He is not just a huge offensive threat but also a force to be
dealt with defensively.  He is a solid leader on the ice and in the locker
room.  I dare say that one of the reasons that this young MSU team is in
position to take the league championship is because of his leadership and the
example he sets for the "kids".  Off the ice, the guy is a major STUDENT-
athlete.   Hey, I might have an off game occasionally if I was always carrying
an extra 175 lbs. (average weight of a college hockey defenseman?) around the
ice with me!

Tami L. Kuhn
Michgan State '84
Rochester Institute of Technology '81