Sender:
From:
Dave Aiello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 13:14:17 -0500
Comments:
To: "Dr Martin G. Keeney" <[log in to unmask]>
Dr. Martin Keeney wrote:

>I don't think calling one's self "unofficial" is, by itself, preclude one
>from being a representative of a school.  Operation of a website may or
>not correspond with representative.  There are things I cannot do
>irregardless of whether or not I run a website - and running a website
>can include some of those things.
>
>While a school can attempt to dissociate itself from a website (or any
>person) it cannot revoke your representative status (once a representative,
>always a representative).
>
>At this point (if not before) I have become completely befuddled.

He's right.  The NCAA will inevitably try to make rules that limit the
information available on the WWW and Internet.  I suggest that the NCAA
will not be able to impose restrictions on third-party use of the Web.
They will look to the member schools to police their own alumni and fans.

That effort will be very uneven.  The schools that take an aggressive
stance against their own alumni and fans will upset and frustrate their
most loyal supporters.

Dave Aiello
Chatham Township Data Corporation
31 Birchwood Road