Sender:
From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 12:16:00 PST
I wanted to stay out of the BGSU-OSU heckling incident thread.
Really I did.
I certainly know who the "gentleman" is at BGSU who sees heckling as an
important part of an otherwise classy hockey program.
I am sure he has a full and rich life and does this merely to add spice (of
course, I could be wrong).
Hey, you're worth two goals a game. Feel better?
Simply, I don't understand heckling.
I think it's egotistical, pure and simple.
Do hecklers REALLY think they make a difference in a game?
Don't they realize they're simpling being bores?
Isn't THE GAME enough of a thrill?
Well, maybe not.
If this post gets bounced back, I certainly understand.
You could say I'm flaming the ultimate flamers.
It's such a great game.
Why do some of us think we make THAT big a difference at a game beyond being
a supportive home crowd?
I've heard some of the hecklers; they could make a basketball fan out of me.
They'd fit in with that crowd.
OK, I feel better.
If I've offended anyone...well, good.
Steve Klein