Sender:
From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 00:24:25 EST
Well I don't have too many others to compare it too, but as far as I
can tell the siren at Appleton has got to be one of the loudest...
I had a prior engagement and was walking to the area for the
Harvard game and could hear the thing wailing away from many
many hundreds of yards away:-)  I knew that that saints either
scored or the period was starting...wouldn't you know it was the
start of the period...hahaha...But anyway, the thing just goes and
goes...it is like the energizer bunny or something;-)

Also, I agree with several people who posted about walker vs cheel...
and the bell, there is simply no comparison....I can put up with the
bell at cheel, but at walker it was just too much....
I heard a rumor that someone tried to ruin it by welding the hammer
down a few years ago...anyone know if this is true?

Kevin Todd SLU '96