Sender:
From:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 13:44:47 -0500
To: paul thalacker <[log in to unmask]>
Ah yes, once again the Minnesota recruiting policy rears its ugly head.
First of all let me say Patrick Reusse is a stiff who's never supported
any U of M team and has grown to love to see them not win the big ones.

I take offence at Paul's statement that all Gopher fans think other
college hockey teams are inferior if they have canadians on them. I
am indifferent to opponents with canadians, swedes, finns whatever
skating for them. I am however, extremly proud of my team. I root for my
school's team because it's made up of players from my state. I admit it's
a very provincial attitude, but I like the gophers because they're all
guys I can identify with. Every person in the state holds something in
common with the players on the team. We're all Minnesotans. We have a
common set of experiences.

I guess it's kind of like in the Olympics where you root for your
country's team because you can identify with them. I root for the Gophers
because they're products of my state.

If the gophs change their recruiting policy in the future, I'll support
any players they recruit. I'll admit that they very well might benefit
from it. But for the mean time, I'll take going to the NCAAs EVERY YEAR
using home grown talent. One of these years we're going to win it.

RAH RAH RAH FOR SKI U MAH
RAH RAH RAH RAH
RAH FOR THE U OF MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM