Sender:
From:
"Andrew A. Samwick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:40:08 EST
Daniel E Glumac wrote:
I remember that pipe; do you alos  s (sorry) also remember Tom Chorske
firing just wide on a breakaway in the first period.  We had the better team;
some time the better dteam just doesn't win.  :-(
----
You Minnesota fans crack me up.  I can appreciate how tough that loss
must have been, especially since Minnesota had several chances to win
the game, but you are being unreasonable to claim that you had the better
team.

Harvard was 31-3-0 that year.  The Crimson won the Beanpot and went
8-0-0 against teams that made the NCAA tournament.  If the Gophers were
the better team, they had 60+ minutes--not just the moments like Skarda's
shot and Chorske's breakaway that you like to recall--in front of a home
crowd to prove it.  They didn't.  If you want to recall moments from the
game, try McDonald's breakaway that found the net or Krayer's shot in
overtime that won it.

Andrew Samwick