Sender:
From:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 23:04:42 -0500
Got to say that this game was an old fashioned butt kicking.  No excuses,
no bad officating, the Spartans just got their butts kicked.  Clarke shut
the spartans down for the first and second period before finally being
scored on in one power play and on a five on five shot.  We ran them all
over the place, it was simply amazing.  Holzinger had this incredible
breakaway during a MSU power play, and wound up scoring the shorthanded
goal.  Ron Mason called a time out in the second period or maybe the
early part of the third, in any case it was early enough that the Ice
Arena went buzerk.  It didn't seem to matter because withing a minute or
so we scored again.  And it wasn't as though MSU wasn't playing well,
they seemed to be working at it the entire game, untill maybe the Zinger
goal when they were on the power play.  Croombeen, and Faulkner looked
very good, and Brad Holzinger look promising.  The Defense was rock solid
all the way down to the last second.  If there was any question in
anybody's mind as to wheater or not BGSU was for real, and deserved the
number 1 or 2 spot, then it was eliminated this night.  When they
mentioned a Boston College score (that is where Jerry York our former
head coach that left BG last year went) the crowd went "Jerry WHO?!?"
This was also the night we formally retired the BG version of Mich's C-YA
cheer and subed the old BGSU cheer of aaaaaaAAAAAHHHHHh SITDOWWWN!

BGSU: Number 1 in the CCHA!
Buddy Powers for the CCHA coach of the year!
Brain Holzinger for the Hobby Baker!
Will Clarke: IT MUST BE THE PRETZELS!!!!!

AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA ZOOMBA ZOOMBA
 AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA ZOOMBA ZE
AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA ZOOMBA ZOOMBA
 AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA ZOOMBA ZI
ROLL ALONG YE BG WARRIORS
 ROLL ALONG AND FIGHT FOR B-G-S-U!!!
AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA ZOOMBA ZOOMBA
 AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA ZOOMBA ZE
AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA ZOOMBA ZOOMBA
 AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA ZOOMBA ZI
ROLL ALONG YE BG WARRIORS
 ROLL ALONG AND FIGHT FOR B-G-S-U!!!

SHA-NA NA NA, SHA-NA NA NA, SAY-HEY-HEY, GOODBYE!!