Sender:
From:
"Garrett R. Lanzy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 1994 23:28:57 EST
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>[...]
>

>The way I view it is that even in the current format, shootouts don't
>decide a game.  The game goes into the books as a tie.  [...]

Somebody from Hockey East needs to contact the Associated Press on
this point.  I noticed that the AP listings from the first weekend
listed "SO" wins... however, last week and this week, the shootout
winner is shown as winning by 1 point.  (For example, the AP
scorelist that Lynn posted this morning showed Mass-Lowell 8, BU 7.)

As it stands now, fans around the country are getting "bad" info.
(Except for those of us on HOCKEY-L, of course! :-)

- Garrett Lanzy (Michigan Tech '84, Go Huskies!)