Sender:
From:
Christopher Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 05:40:46 PDT
>One question, what the heck is this Empire Sports Network and does
>any cable company actually subscribe to it???

ESN comes out of Buffalo. Their most popular offering is Sabre
games - they have broadcast rights to about 50% of them. Other
than that, it's mostly minor league stuff - AAA baseball (Buffalo,
Rochester, Syracuse), local (Buffalo) college sports, a couple of sports
call in shows, and, of particular interest, lots of feeds from Prime,
including college hockey.

It's big in the Buffalo area - Rochester doesn't get ESN although
the local cable company has promised it by the fall. I'm not sure who
else in the state gets it, but it looks minor league compared to NESN.

Chris Lerch
EDS
RIT '84 & '91