Sender:
From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 17:32:30 -0500
As a hockey fan, I have to agree.

I am not upset by CC being left out, the numbers hurt CC (strength of schedule,
etc).  I am very *VERY* disappointed that the NC$$ decided that it was more
important to put MSU in MSU and RPI in Albany than try to do what is fair.

Every year, teams are going to complain about not getting in.  Again, I say, I
have NEVER seen a #13 team in a 12-team tournament happy about where they ended
up.

HOWEVER, the idea of seeding for $$$ is extremely dissapointing.

A few years ago, BU got screwed majorly in basketball.  For those that don't
know, BU has hockey... and then BU has the other sports which sort of exist.
Only this year's football team managed to generate some support.

BU B-ball has had Rick Pitino and Mike Jarvis as coaches, and yet could not
get fan support.  Jarvis's last year (the reason why he left for GW), BU had
what was "rated" the best back-court in New England and was receiving "other"
votes in the national rankings all year.

However, after BU lost in the conference finals on a buzzer-beater to Siena,
not only the NC$$, but also the NIT decided that they could not afford to
have a team like BU in their tourney.  Siena then went on to upset Stanford
before bowing to Minnesota that year.

BU B-ball got screwed because of $$$.

Well, now I am equally upset over the Lowell screw.  I do hope, for Lowell's
sake, that, #1, Lowell runs a closed-circuit TV gathering in a gym or something
and try to pack the place with Lowell fans.  When BU did this in 1990 (BU upset
MSU that year in hockey), they not only provided it for free, but gave out free
pop-corn and soda to the fans.

It worked wonderfully as, after everyone watched BU upset MSU, the excitement
caused everyone to rush to Detroit to watch BU in the Final 4.

It built spirit that carreid over for a few years.

Good luck to Lowell at making it to the Final 4 and, if, due to an upset (they
do happen), BU is not there, go Lowell all the way.

Tony  BU'92'93
former Ogre

Lowell deserved better.