Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 1994 00:16:14 -0500
One unposted ECAC final: Cornell 4, at Harvard 5.

In HE, all favorites won tonight.

at BU 8, Maine 5
at Northeastern 4, Providence 3
at UNH 4, BC 1
(all of above winners lead best of 3 1-0, 2nd game Saturday night)

at Mass Lowell 3, Merrimack 0
  Chiefs end Merrimack's season, sweep series 2-0.  Hope those of you
  with Prime got to see this game, it was a dandy and I was never
  prouder of the way Merrimack has played than tonight.  Norm Bazin
  scored a PPG in the first to put Lowell up 1-0 and it stayed that
  way till 18:30 of the third when Bazin scored another PPG.  He
  added an ENG for the natural trick and a 3-0 final.  Dwayne Roloson
  and Martin Legault were stupendous in the Lowell & Merrimack nets,
  Roloson stopping all 34 shots he faced and Legault turning aside
  38 of 40.  Lowell advances to the semifinals and I think they will
  be the team I adopt this year with Merrimack done (Valley teams
  gotta stick together).  But being from Merrimack, this was one of
  those rare losses I feel good after.  Warriors bounced back from a
  blowout with a heartfelt, emotional effort for 60 minutes and
  outplayed Lowell overall.  They just happened to run into the best
  goalie in the league, maybe in the land.  Good luck Chiefs.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<< Color Voice of the (16-19-2) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>