Sender:
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 1994 13:02:27 -0600
Clarification:

This week's RPICH counts the Maine-Providence game results as victories for
Maine.  I did this to remain consistent with NCAA statistical by-laws
regarding those games.

My intention in producing RPICH is to help the college hockey community
understand the team selection process for the national tournament.  In
seasons past the Men's Ice Hockey Committee has used ratings produced by the
Rating Percentage Index as a tool in selecting teams.  The method is not a
secret, and is what I use to produce RPICH.  RPICH should, in theory,
duplicate the ratings that are used by the committee at tournament selection
time.

Disclaimer:  Please note that RPICH is produced independently of the NCAA or
any agents thereof.

-- Erik