From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 05:18:21 -0500
Charles Masenas writes:

>I was at the RPI Invitational Tournament about 15 years ago when I saw the
>Maine goalie score on a defended goal.  The team scored on was from Sweden if
>I remember correctly.  The shot was a harmless looking clearing pass.  I
>often remember the goal but never knew the goalie's name.  Was Tortorella's
>goal at RPI?  It MUST have been him.

Yes, it was at the RPI holiday tournament about that long ago.  I was
there also.  There was a discussion about this game last summer when
Tortorella was hired by UNH.   The opponent was a team called Upplands
Vasby.  It was a harmless looking clearing pass that the Vasby goalie
(I can look up his name, if anyone cares) nonchalantly played.

Ralph Baer   RPI '68, '70, '74