From:
Chris Dietrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 91 16:34:14 EST
There have been no rumors around here about the Ivy Hockey teams forming
their own league.  Then again, all anyone seems to talk about around here
is the basketball team.

Personally, I think it would be a mistake for the Ivies to form their own
league.  I can't imagine it would have a positive effect on their programs.
I'd rather see the Ivies schedule more games against other Eastern teams
(and Western ones, for that matter), not fewer games.  Harvard and Cornell
can compete with the other Eastern teams, why shouldn't the other Ivies try to.
If Princeton can be competitive in Basketball and still maintain it's
"Academic Standards" then why shouldn't the hockey team be able to do the same?

Just one man's opinion.

Chris Dietrich,
Princeton U.