From:
"Patrick L. Blake" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1993 16:32:29 -0500
Date: 04 Nov 93 16:31:17 EST
From:  <PBLAKE   AT FCCJ>
To:    <HOCKEY-L AT MAINE>
Subject: Uncl: UMaine ranking & fan partisanship

From:  PATRICK BLAKE

Why does everyone think UMaine is ranked too high? Is 3rd really too high?
This IS the team that tied a very good Team USA (the same Team USA that beat
the Chicago Blackhawks!!). This IS the team that tied Canada's National
Champion Acadia.I realize it is early, but let's give the team *some* credit.

As a WABI announcer said when UMaine was playing Team USA:
"Maine isn't rebuilding, they're reloading!"

To all of you who have referred to UMaine fans as being extremely/overly
partisan, what's wrong with that? I think it'd be nice if more fans showed
this kind of support for their team. BTW, next time you wanna call UMaine'ers
partisan - just read e-mail from Wayne & Ryan where they question UMaine's
ranking...

Go UMaine...
Repeat in '94