From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1993 12:01:00 EDT
    After reading and weeping over the news that my local
rag would no longer carry their own college hockey poll,
I called the TU sports department to complain. The guy
was very polite and informative. He claimed that they
would devote no less space to college hockey and no less
reporter coverage (i.e. they'll still have someone at
both Union and RPI games when they happen on the same
night.) The problem with running their own poll, he
claimed, was that it was too labor-intensive - it took
all evening prior to press day (Monday?) after the same
reporter had been travelling all weekend. However, now
the potentially *good* news, he indicated that they
would consider running someone else's college hockey
poll. I told him a little about hockey-l and said that
our list gets a bunch of polls. He said that if I could
get information about those polls, I should send it to
Keith Marder, their current college hockey reporter.
Could people on the list who are knowledgeable about
the mechanics of the various polls and also about how
to obtain permission to reprint them send this to me
so that I can mail it to Keith?
Even though we already get these polls, there are plenty
of Net-less college hockey fans in the capital district
who would really like to see one of these in print.
Thanks in advance for any assistance,
    Dave Carroll
    [log in to unmask]     (or if path problems ...