From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1993 17:06:07 -0400
Friday night was the first chance for the public to see the Icers in action as
the Second Annual Blue/White Game was held at the Penn State Ice Pavilion.
The White Squad defeated the Blue Squad, 7-4, in a 3 15-minute period contest.
Rob Keegan had 4 goals for the Whites.  Unfortunately, I did not have anything
to keep track of the scoring with me, so all I can give is a general opinion.

For one thing, this team is not quite as good as last year's 33-1-0 squad.  The
passing was not as crisp, and occasionally the defense looked a little shaky.
Hopefully, this is due to the fact that they had only been practicing for a
week.  That lack of practice may have led to their 7-2 loss in an exhibition
scimmage at UMass on Sunday afternoon.  Head coach Joe Battista did remark that
the team seemed to play well at UMass despite losing.  Unfortunately, I don't
have any details on that game, either (sorry, Mike :)

The Icers open up the 1993-94 season on Friday night against the Duquesne Dukes
at 9:00 PM at the Ice Pavilion.  This is the beginning of a 4-game homestand
that also includes a pair of games against Michigan-Dearborn, and one against
Ohio University.

 *       Jeremy Hall          [log in to unmask]          Penn State Univ.     *
 *                CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS: 1993 ECAC CHAMPIONS               *
 *                            PENN STATE ICERS:                              *
 *         1992-93 ATLANTIC LEAGUE REGULAR SEASON & TOURNAMENT CHAMPS        *
 *     LET'S GO TECH!!!!                                LET'S GO ICERS!!     *